Althea Castillo

How did you find Revolution?

How did you find Real Men of Genius / Revolution RP and if you have been here awhile can you remember your original join date?

I joined on June 17, 2017. My SO Tavis Curio has been apart of the community for many years and invited me to hangout in TS one night with a bunch of people. Dirk Stone was on Guitar, Trevor Puffer was on Harmonica and a lot of people were doing karaoke. I had never really been into games before but had begun growing interested in RP. I officially began playing September 2017 as Harlie Skye and have only played here. Revolution is family. 😄❤️ 

• Like 1

I joined a few months ago (2-3?) during the GTA RP boom on twitch. It was the first time I was introduced to GTA RP, it seemed like lots of fun when all the big streamers started playing on No Pixel, and like most of the viewers I realized I won't be able to get on NP due to the amount of applications they got,  so I googled "GTA 5 RP servers" and came across this reddit post from 20.04.2017 and here I am. 

• Like 1

Found it in early 2017 on fivem server list, seemed to be the only good public server back then and i've stayed in the community since

• Like 1

Joined back in April or May of 2017 when the last big GTA RP was happening. I had only RP'd in tabletop and improv at that point (and like a week on ARMA3 which I didn't love), doing it in an established world like GTA was intriguing. Somehow I got through the whitelist back then and have played on and off in RP in video games since. I don't even do tabletop RP or improv anymore, so this is where I get my fix. Rev has been welcoming and a great place to get into that part of RP for me. Love it here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sean Callanan said:

I joined the forums in December 2014 because I was watching Timmac play here when it was still the ArmA 3 xcam map. 

I'm in the same boat - joined January 2015. Can't remember a whole lot about that map, mainly the rebel castle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ivan Rumenov said:

I joined a few months ago (2-3?) during the GTA RP boom on twitch. It was the first time I was introduced to GTA RP, it seemed like lots of fun when all the big streamers started playing on No Pixel, and like most of the viewers I realized I won't be able to get on NP due to the amount of applications they got,  so I googled "GTA 5 RP servers" and came across this reddit post from 20.04.2017 and here I am. 

Exactly this for me. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a server, played a little on Eclipse but didn't like the RageMP system.

Absolutely loving revo.

• Like 1

Joined early March this year. I found out about revo after all the gta v rp was popular on twitch. I’ve played on role play servers before but the ones that have lambda menus and rp is only at sandy. (Aka shit servers) and once it became popular and I discovered how sophisticated rp can get I was intrigued. I looked for a smaller steamer on nopixel to ask if there are any servers that are like nopixel and she mentioned revolution life along with two others.  Never had as much fun on a video game before as much as this city, I don’t see myself goin anywhere for a long time. 

• Like 1

I started on Revolution in March of this of this year after spending some time on State of Emergency and meeting a group of people there (Bruce, Cindy, Guiseppe, and Michael). They suggested I come to check out Revo and I haven't been back since thanks to the great community that I found here. I first tried GTA V RP about a year and a half ago on NoPixel but I only played for a few weeks and then moved on to other games. I've been neglecting a backlog of games and hooked on RP!

• Like 2

I joined in the initial wave of FiveM being noticed on Twitch back in 2017. I found Revo through streamers like Timmac & Proxy and got hooked. People haven't pushed me away yet. 

Started as EMS, when I wanted to be a cop originally. I joined PD back in July 2017. Taken a few breaks due to RL but always coming back because this server has tons of friends and those that I call family. Had highs and lows on the server - lows just being mostly burnt out. But, what's great about the server it hanging out in TS or in other games with people. Carrying friendships off the server and having fun elsewhere. At the end of the day, we come back to Revo because it's where these friendships started and where some continue. 

Still a cop to this day, with a rough NY accent, where my Southern accent comes through. 

I can't remember the last time someone said anything other than JT to me....outside of formal introductions. 😉

• Like 3

I was suggested by @Shem Coselli to try out revolution and told me all about it. So i took the step and joined revolution and started playing and enjoying the role play experience with everyone ^-^

• Like 1

I've been here two days. Got the details from my good friend, Mr Sprinkle. 

I joined with such high hopes of my first character getting started in the city, getting set up as a legitimate businessman and potentially taking the bar exam and becoming a lawyer. Instead, fell in with the wrong crowd, been arrested twice, and racked up about 100 months in prison and a debt of $60k. I've enjoyed every second of it so far.

Here's to more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nigel Edwardson said:

I've been here two days. Got the details from my good friend, Mr Sprinkle. 

I joined with such high hopes of my first character getting started in the city, getting set up as a legitimate businessman and potentially taking the bar exam and becoming a lawyer. Instead, fell in with the wrong crowd, been arrested twice, and racked up about 100 months in prison and a debt of $60k. I've enjoyed every second of it so far.

Here's to more!

Welcome aboard! You and Billy singing God save the Queen in the MRPD cells had me rolling in my chair!

• Haha 1

@Johnny Kimble introduced me to revolution, i was always quite interested in GTA RP but never really went for it. Untill johnny kept telling these funny stories and showing all these screenshots.

At one point i decided to just give it a try to see it all myself and wellllllll, its a blast really!

As for when i joined, i believe i joined somewhere around 20 December 2018

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey, I'm Arther Roadman, not in the city yet, I'm brand new with a lot to learn, I have a friend or two that already live in the city and I hope to be moving in soon, I've heard wonderful things.

❤️

Edited by Arther Roadman
  • Thanks 1

Used to play a lot of RP on GTA SA MP which was text based back in the day when I was young, and by that I mean like 2009 or so on my 4:3 flatscreen and AOL dial up internet. LOL

Then I stumbled onto the whole Twitch hype and decided to get into GTA 5 RP after learning that its a thing and follows the exact same rules as back then. Also always kinda fancied some improv, so this is my fix. Found a post on reddit that advertized Revo among a few others as being a good mixture of RP while being accessible without too much hassle getting in (queue and application wise) and been sticking to it since January.

Not played a single game yet but found the forum via random googling and I have to say it is very easy to use and all of the tutorials and other posts are incredibly handy with me setting myself up! Hopefully see some of you in Los Santos when i'm up and running!

Twas watching streamer Chinny when he picked up on this server for a time, and from him I was exposed to good people like Banana_Duck_, floppy_pancakes, Mistato and Nooby117. Needless to say, the twitch community representing Revolution roped in my interest (along with the many players of it of course!). To be entirely honest, I've not once done this kind of roleplay setting before, but I thought "why wait later when I can try it now?" In actuality I've not played GTA in years, so I'd be lying if I didn't credit this community with rekindling my interest in it.

So, I've joined the forum just the other day and set myself up a character concept I felt comfortable with. Haven't yet been on the server, but here's hoping to some great times ahead! 😏