Revolution RP
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Billy Sprinkle

Stop interfering...

Seriously now...come up with your own RP scenarios rather than leching off others and chirping in trying to get into the situation in front of you, just because you can interfere with a situation doesn't mean you should. This is the 2nd time in a week I've had situation featuring "Vigilantes" that sandbag any progress just to look good in front of there idling legion square people.

Last night something happened that was just down right stupid, the sight of 6+ people sprinting towards a gunfight was behold ridiculous. Rightfully they should have all been reported for FailRP but one "Vigilantes" stupidity stood out.

Notice the legion idlers 
spacer.png

Tropper Barrett turns up as do the bored legionaries 
spacer.png

After a shoot out in with Barrett this guy "Saves the officer" in the middle of a shootout (sorry for the damaged clips)

giphy.gif

This idiot involved his self MID FIRE FIGHT and revived a 7 day ban
fKGMUDf.jpg

And now they return to Idling...

So next time you see and situation that does not involve you...keep it that way.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I get people want to be involved and know what's going on, but when it's an active crime situation....PLEASE stay back. 

As a cop, we're trying to handle the situation as smoothly as possible. If you wander into the area, now we're having to watch you & figure out what your role in the situation is. It's why, when we tell you to stay away, and then detain you in a safe area if you do not listen. 

Want to watch? Sure. But don't come in the middle or near where your life could be in danger. If a cop tells you to stand back or leave the area...do it. 

Cops are there to protect you from getting hurt. Walking near, around, or in of an active situation like this is making our job tougher. 

Consider 3 RL scenarios here: 

Traffic accident, people drive and "bottleneck" to look at it. You've seen it. You might have done it. 

Gun shots & cops/medical speeding by. You get out of the way, or go the other direction. 

You hear about an event/see cops directing traffic. You continue to where you were going/check social media to find out what's happening. 

I get this is a video game, and we want things to be as realistic as possible - even then there are exceptions. But try to value your character's life like you would your own. 

• Like 4

There’s always going to be people in your rp situations that you don’t like or don’t think that they should be involved but that doesn’t mean that they can’t possibly add a lot to the situation. I have to agree your recent posts about where someone or multiple people were interfering with a situation making it end way sooner than it should have, is very dumb and ruins the rp just because they thought they should “step in and help”

Edited by Daniel Walker

Its the main reason why a lot of people stay away from Legion square you get tons of fail RP around there and people treating the server as a chatroom rather than an RP server.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Liam Cavanagh said:

Its the main reason why a lot of people stay away from Legion square you get tons of fail RP around there and people treating the server as a chatroom rather than an RP server.

I KNEW this was going to happen last night, In a way I wanted to set and example but I was shocked at such a massive flock of sheep appearing like that, that one guy even pushed Barrett out the way to see what was going on.

3 minutes ago, Floppy Pancakes said:

I'm giving out temp bans to the others who ran over as well. No one runs up to an active back robbery, so stop.

That gif I posted just makes me sad.

I think about it now, I SHOULDN'T have to say or think "OK Barrett I'll wait while you disperse the crowd who are 1ft away from an active bank robbery."

Edited by Billy Sprinkle

I agree. Staff have been cracking down on this behavior. If it's alright with you, I'd like to use that gif, your vod, and mine as evidence

3 minutes ago, Floppy Pancakes said:

I agree. Staff have been cracking down on this behavior. If it's alright with you, I'd like to use that gif, your vod, and mine as evidence

You can use any of my footage floppy as long as its not used to give me more jail time! 543524488239775756.png?v=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As someone who was at Legion when this took place, my mind was blown from the perspective of someone viewing from across the street.

When Barret blocked the entrance to the bank, everyone's mindset was "whats going on over there", but it was obvious. When shots started being fired, and people ran towards the bank, I was screaming at people calling them idiots and telling them to get behind cover. 

It is mind boggling watching someone crawl on the sidewalk towards and active shooting scene. 

I would like to say that not everyone who sits at legion takes part in FAILRP though. I will admit that this scenario specifically was ridiculous.

Edited by Rad Thibodeaux
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rad Thibodeaux said:

I would like to say that not everyone who sits at legion takes part in FAILRP though. I will admit that this scenario specifically was ridiculous.

No of course not, but I'm well past not shaming the other people with piss poor RP.

getting banned for that situation is so unneccessary. i pull up to the scene as a citizen of the city with the intention to ask the officer why he blocked the entrance (keep in mind that billy wasn't really visible for me at that time). The officer gets shot and me aswell immediately after, i pull out my gun and shoot back. Thats the reaction of my RP character, why would that be FailRP?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Berro Garcia said:

getting banned for that situation is so unneccessary. i pull up to the scene as a citizen of the city with the intention to ask the officer why he blocked the entrance (keep in mind that billy wasn't really visible for me at that time). The officer gets shot and me aswell immediately after, i pull out my gun and shoot back. Thats the reaction of my RP character, why would that be FailRP?

What was unnecessary was your involvement in a situation you had no part in from the start. You SPRINTED over, delivered some piss poor RP, ignored trooper Barrett's request to back up, still refused to leave when trooper Dawson cut in front of you and still risked getting shot by the police. All just so you could be able to shoot me at the time. Sounds like something an ordinary person would do right?

Oh and I'd expect a vigilante to use a crosswalk, please don't J walk again to ask an officer why he's parked somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, Berro Garcia said:

This isn't the place for you discuss your ban, however, you ran into an ACTIVE situation, which most people assumed a bank robbery, and when you arrived on scene across the street, I instructed everyone to LEAVE immediately, and you failed to do so, thus willfully interfering with a police investigation, and obstructing justice at the very least. As the shots rang out, you then STOOD THERE for a few moments, instead of fleeing. THEN you shot the suspect, while other officers were on scene, which in this case, you weren't authorized to do. Then in MRPD jail cells, while you were handcuffed, you started doing armless pushups, stating you were doing "dick-ups."

If any of this sounds like something you'd do in real life, you let me know, otherwise, the ban stands. If you wish to discuss it FURTHER, you can take it to a ban appeal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I'm sad to say that I'm usually one of those people who runs towards interesting things. I'm sorry for that. I'm now actively looking to improve my role play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

A lot of legion idlers have been inserting themselves in simple situations where they shouldn't. Its obnoxious, frustrating, and extremely annoying weather I'm on my cop or civ character, I can't do a simple traffic stop on both without someone coming up and talking mad shit to me for pulling someone over, or mad shit for getting pulled over. It adds no RP, you just sit at legion like its Hangout Room 1. For the love of god to the people who just sit there go somewhere, make your own story, and stop interfering with others. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Drey Demelza said:

It adds no RP, you just sit at legion like its Hangout Room 1. For the love of god to the people who just sit there go somewhere, make your own story, and stop interfering with others. 

Hit them with loitering then?

Edited by Daniel Walker

I guess it's my turn to chime in on this. I am an occasional idler of Legion, however, I was not here at this incident.

So, to start off. I don't believe the way we are handling this is helpful in any way whatsoever. There will always be legion idlers if there is no rule set in place to stop that. There is a whole other thread about legion idling and the consensus was that rules should not be set in place because that could bring up entirely different problems for the community. Banning, complaining, and berating people who "idle" at legion makes the situation worse in my opinion. I feel that players who are more experienced in role playing should help enliven the legion area and be a role model for newer players and the "legion idlers." Since we are a public server, there will always be legion idlers whether you like it or not.

Some moments I would like to point out that I believe are worthy of consideration.

Officer Devion Ross, taking his time and interacting with us idlers in legion. Exchanging banter, and teaching us some things about being an LEO. Recently, it has felt like police officers are against the general public and are either commanding us around or tasering us for defending ourselves against locals while trying to save a fellow citizen. Officer Ross has given us a good example of what a police officer should do, we are not the enemy. Talk to us, banter with us, have fun with us. Police officers are the image of the server, yet, we are becoming more and more authoritarian by the day. Police officers should have “characters” too, there should be funny ones, sarcastic ones, and even ones that are a little crazy.  Be authoritative, but don’t be an authoritarian.

Atlas, the robot that nobody saw coming. His character is unique, and he brought something new to the table at legion. He gave the idlers of legion something to interact with and figure out. After Securo Serv guy started getting aggravated against people hanging out in front of Legion Bank as his character does, Atlas helped defend us against him when he went berserk. Brawls happen, arguments happen, but that’s part of role playing. We sometimes take these things too seriously and make it personal.

Mr. Gabriel Montana, he likes to be reckless and sucker punch people when they don’t see it coming. He breaks up the crowd and cheers people up, even while trying to steal their cars to run away. His character is fun and refreshing, he isn’t uptight when RP situations go wrong. He goes with the flow, and his character is always positive. We are all humans; RP situations are not scripted in our server and should never become scripted. There will always be someone interfering with your preferred RP situation, but it’s up to you to control that situation as best as you can to make it entertaining for yourself and for others.

To close this off. Be a role model for other role players. That’s the best you can do to change our server for the better. It takes time, but little efforts build up over time.

• Like 4

I completely agree with billy.  It's to the point where I very rarely go to legion anymore and when interacting with Billy I feel like I have to actively make sure people don't insert themselves into our RP.  The other day @Slippy Isquist was kidnapped and Billy told me if I didn't get him $10,000 he would put a bullet in her head.  I called the police and began working with them to get slippy back safely but the whole situation was ruined when Berro Garcia decided to be a vigilante. He ran to where billy was with gun drawn showing no regard for Slippy's life or his own.

Edited by Eric Withakay
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Withakay said:

I completely agree with billy.  It's to the point where I very rarely go to legion anymore and when interacting with Billy I feel like I have to actively make sure people don't insert themselves into our RP.  The other day @Slippy Isquist was kidnapped and Billy told me if I didn't get him $10,000 he would put a bullet in her head.  I called the police and began working with them to get slippy back safely but the whole situation was ruined when Berro Garcia decided to be a vigilante. He ran to where billy was with gun drawn showing no regard for Slippy's life or his own.

That's right, I forgot that was him. He laser beamed in on my location. Wondering if he overheard you talking to me where I was? or maybe he used "other means" of finding me.

edit Also sorry @Slippy Isquist

Edited by Billy Sprinkle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lofty Jones said:

I guess it's my turn to chime in on this. I am an occasional idler of Legion, however, I was not here at this incident.

So, to start off. I don't believe the way we are handling this is helpful in any way whatsoever. There will always be legion idlers if there is no rule set in place to stop that. There is a whole other thread about legion idling and the consensus was that rules should not be set in place because that could bring up entirely different problems for the community. Banning, complaining, and berating people who "idle" at legion makes the situation worse in my opinion. I feel that players who are more experienced in role playing should help enliven the legion area and be a role model for newer players and the "legion idlers." Since we are a public server, there will always be legion idlers whether you like it or not.

Some moments I would like to point out that I believe are worthy of consideration.

Officer Devion Ross, taking his time and interacting with us idlers in legion. Exchanging banter, and teaching us some things about being an LEO. Recently, it has felt like police officers are against the general public and are either commanding us around or tasering us for defending ourselves against locals while trying to save a fellow citizen. Officer Ross has given us a good example of what a police officer should do, we are not the enemy. Talk to us, banter with us, have fun with us. Police officers are the image of the server, yet, we are becoming more and more authoritarian by the day. Police officers should have “characters” too, there should be funny ones, sarcastic ones, and even ones that are a little crazy.  Be authoritative, but don’t be an authoritarian.

Atlas, the robot that nobody saw coming. His character is unique, and he brought something new to the table at legion. He gave the idlers of legion something to interact with and figure out. After Securo Serv guy started getting aggravated against people hanging out in front of Legion Bank as his character does, Atlas helped defend us against him when he went berserk. Brawls happen, arguments happen, but that’s part of role playing. We sometimes take these things too seriously and make it personal.

Mr. Gabriel Montana, he likes to be reckless and sucker punch people when they don’t see it coming. He breaks up the crowd and cheers people up, even while trying to steal their cars to run away. His character is fun and refreshing, he isn’t uptight when RP situations go wrong. He goes with the flow, and his character is always positive. We are all humans; RP situations are not scripted in our server and should never become scripted. There will always be someone interfering with your preferred RP situation, but it’s up to you to control that situation as best as you can to make it entertaining for yourself and for others.

To close this off. Be a role model for other role players. That’s the best you can do to change our server for the better. It takes time, but little efforts build up over time.

You don't see experienced roleplayers there because they're to busy roleplaying. Also to address the point of scripted RP I don't think anyone is asking you to do that just not spend the majority of your time in one spot and not insert yourself into other peoples RP when it's not needed.

12 minutes ago, Liam Cavanagh said:

You don't see experienced roleplayers there because they're to busy roleplaying. Also to address the point of scripted RP I don't think anyone is asking you to do that just not spend the majority of your time in one spot and not insert yourself into other peoples RP when it's not needed.

I understand that people shouldn't insert themselves into other peoples' RP when it's not needed. What i'm saying that it doesn't help to complain about it and "berate" people who are idling in Legion. This will always happen whether you like it or not. It's how you react to it that matters. We are a non-whitelisted server and there will always be new players cropping up. These new people don't always look at rules and don't know how to RP in general, and you can't really expect them to not intervene. Whitelisting would help us in this situation, but I feel that there is a bigger problem than just people intervening.

As for not seeing experienced roleplayers there, I do see them. You even see Billy Sprinkles at legion in this very thread.

This situation I was part of. I was the other trooper truck that showed up. And while yes I was upset that I was shot right away. And I didnt even hear the shots.  I was more frustrated that a civ took it upon themselves to save us.  While is a thoughtful gesture.  Is not the right idea.  We had another unit on their way to help us from up the road.  I rather people keep safe and listen than go running into a scene

• Like 1