Revolution RP
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Billy Sprinkle

Stop interfering...

I am somewhat on the fence about the whole Legion situation. On one hand I hated and still do clicks of people that only talk to each other and stick to the Legion and don't make an effort to do anything more even when chance is presented to them. This whole situation is without a question very stupid reaction of group of people and when I saw the mass rush towards the gate while shots were being fired it was a very bad and very cringe sight to see. I do know for a fact though that there were a few smart individuals who were at the square at that time and didn't act like that. On other hand people do need kind of a gathering place where you will go pick up, drop off, see whos in town etc. place. That said just use your brain when it comes to the police situations. Yes to us civilians that don't do crime situations like that are interesting to observe but you can still do so without putting yourself or others in danger aka running into active fire zone.

That said as for "imposing" your RP to others I am a bit at odds here and don't fully agree with @Billy Sprinkle. That cop situation was stupid but when there is no active crime scene sometimes you have to push yourself in some RP situations and scenarios cause people tend to stick to themselves and if you are not actively seeking and trying to get your narrative with others you will end up sitting solo most of the time. In fact I think before Blackout Billy himself in one of the threads said that you will not always be able to choose what kind of RP you like and that you have to adapt to the situation. The whole of Billy character is built around him being annoying hurricane that comes in town and tons of us love it. I myself was excluded by randoms and screaming people many times while Billy and I tried to had some interaction but... what can you do. If you really want to continue to RP in private, you get persons number and you meet up somewhere else IMHO. Billy himself often does a circle around the Legion to see who is hanging about. 

But yeah, if its not your first day to a week in a city I don't understand why would you run into active crime scene no matter what your character is and how he acts. My guy was recently kidnapped and I ended up pulling out a weapon and it still felt kinda wrong even though it was self defense and in reaction of people shooting a civilian in front of me so I ended up reporting myself for admins to review the case.

Also I can tell you from personal experience that someone who has been playing on server longer and has more experience if they extend a hand towards player who has been here less it will do wonders. When @Susie Carmichael extended a job to me as a mechanic at the Speedy's even on a slow day it was worth it because it gives you a sense of a job, structure, you get to interact with people, you can observe how others do things and re-enact situations, they tell you about interesting locations that you didn't know about before etc. 

Edit: Also I know for many people, myself included, that tend to avoid chases, shootouts etc. with their characters but would still want some interactions with EMS and LEO personnel it can seem like a chance to talk to them or get some attention when they see them responding to a call. But that is the wrong way. In EMS case there is a bit more liberty especially if you are waiting on friend that has been injured and there is no crowd around, I would say both EMS and players enjoy a bit of RP as in exposition what happened, what are the injuries, what first aid you have applied etc. unless EMS has a very busy day they always try to give some attention to players. 

With LEO it is a bit different because most of the time they are responding to critical threats or serious crimes. A lot of LEO will take the time to chill with civilians, especially as of late I have seen a lot of officers interact with people, have a grab of food etc. when there are no calls. But trying to get attention when they are doing their work is the wrong way. Create your own story and reasons to meet them. My character has had conflict with Trooper Kali and it lead to interaction with her and many other officers where they got to know me and I them better. I used a small escalation that was within cooldown period before storm and made story out of it. Deputy chief Vitami always finds a time to at least post a tweet at me due to one single encounter we had. Don't be afraid to put your character where he is in need of LEO but in a way where it will not mess up their work. When they have time they will contact you. Report your stolen vehicles, ask for protection and if you are so interested in PD ... well there is always an option to submit an application.  

Edited by Sasha Dimitrijev
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Billy Sprinkle said:

Seriously now...come up with your own RP scenarios rather than leching off others and chirping in trying to get into the situation in front of you, just because you can interfere with a situation doesn't mean you should. This is the 2nd time in a week I've had situation featuring "Vigilantes" that sandbag any progress just to look good in front of there idling legion square people.

I agree with the PD/EMS side of things here, it is just moronic how normal civilians will at times just randomly run into deadly danger just 'to be part of it', and in this situation, temp bans do appear appropriate as a step to be taken. As a warning shot against this type of behavior.

But I do also agree with Sasha above, and go even further on that part. This particularly coming from you, @Billy Sprinkle as someone who constantly injects himself into RP situations and at times forces himself onto people to deal with, such an outcry does appear a bit weird. I do also remember that particular report that went exactly this way, with two people not wanting to interact with you, and you wanting to interact with them anyways. The report was rightfully dismissed, as you just cannot always pick and choose whom you meet out there in the real world, even less so on a small server with a limited amount of people. I fully side with your old statements back then that RP just happens and you gotta deal with it.

I actually enjoy that part of your character, either first hand (rarely so far, maybe luckily so) or secondhand through your streams as a wrecking ball that will pose a challenge, an obstacle to the perfectly arranged RP world of people. It is actually needed, an element of chaos that forces people to think outside of the box.

So it is indeed a bit confusing that you, with all that being said, suddenly make a general outcry over people getting into other's RP, both here / in a current report and on stream. You have in the past, in fact, 'destroyed' conversations and situations I was in. So what. Having absolute control over a situation at all times would be bloody boring. I did not even consider complaining or even issuing a report over it. But you cannot then turn around and complain when others act similarly. Again, not this particular situation here where some moron runs into an active gunfight, but from the report from this week and the general tone, I gather that you'd much rather pick and choose whom to interact with than you'd allow others to do. Especially with the above quoted block, that could easily be also applied on your way of 'getting into situations' with other people.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Seth Rogers said:

I agree with the PD/EMS side of things here, it is just moronic how normal civilians will at times just randomly run into deadly danger just 'to be part of it', and in this situation, temp bans do appear appropriate as a step to be taken. As a warning shot against this type of behavior.

But I do also agree with Sasha above, and go even further on that part. This particularly coming from you, @Billy Sprinkle as someone who constantly injects himself into RP situations and at times forces himself onto people to deal with, such an outcry does appear a bit weird. I do also remember that particular report that went exactly this way, with two people not wanting to interact with you, and you wanting to interact with them anyways. The report was rightfully dismissed, as you just cannot always pick and choose whom you meet out there in the real world, even less so on a small server with a limited amount of people. I fully side with your old statements back then that RP just happens and you gotta deal with it.

I actually enjoy that part of your character, either first hand (rarely so far, maybe luckily so) or secondhand through your streams as a wrecking ball that will pose a challenge, an obstacle to the perfectly arranged RP world of people. It is actually needed, an element of chaos that forces people to think outside of the box.

So it is indeed a bit confusing that you, with all that being said, suddenly make a general outcry over people getting into other's RP, both here / in a current report and on stream. You have in the past, in fact, 'destroyed' conversations and situations I was in. So what. Having absolute control over a situation at all times would be bloody boring. I did not even consider complaining or even issuing a report over it. But you cannot then turn around and complain when others act similarly. Again, not this particular situation here where some moron runs into an active gunfight, but from the report from this week and the general tone, I gather that you'd much rather pick and choose whom to interact with than you'd allow others to do. Especially with the above quoted block, that could easily be also applied on your way of 'getting into situations' with other people.

There's a huge difference between interjecting into a conversation and an active gunfight with no motive other than "I'm a vigilante" it's something thats becoming far too common is my point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billy Sprinkle said:

There's a huge difference between interjecting into a conversation and an active gunfight with no motive other than "I'm a vigilante" it's something thats becoming far too common is my point.

100% Agree on that. It just seemed that you are upset at people in general who interject themselves in RP situations. Both from this thread and from what I have seen on vod. My mistake if it wasn't so. I think all of us agree that the "vigilante" and running into a gunfight is a very dumb idea and as I said I was legit in shock while watching vod when I saw a flock of people just running into gunshots.  

1 minute ago, Sasha Dimitrijev said:

100% Agree on that. It just seemed that you are upset at people in general who interject themselves in RP situations. Both from this thread and from what I have seen on vod. My mistake if it wasn't so. I think all of us agree that the "vigilante" and running into a gunfight is a very dumb idea and as I said I was legit in shock while watching vod when I saw a flock of people just running into gunshots.  

I'll rp with anyone who comes around even if they interject, at times it can even make a situation more dynamic. 

• Like 2

I was the guy with the gray hair in the picture. I did not interfere with whatever you we're doing. I did not even knew you were robbing the bank. But, all I did was borrow the bike off of the guy in front of the bank to get to the hospital, because i was hit by a local. The guy that i borrowed the bike was on his head. All i was trying to do there was to at least get him out of the shooting by dragging him out of it. But he was in his head and couldn't accept the drag. So i stood right beside him like a GOOD person would. ?

Edited by Klayd Barrow

I'm just sad that Boffo is front and center of all the pictures of "Legion Square Idlers" when He was actually getting legal advice and organizing Los Santos' first Open Mic Comedy Night

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billy Sprinkle said:

I'll rp with anyone who comes around even if they interject, at times it can even make a situation more dynamic. 

Then my sincere apologies for the rant and misunderstanding, it came across a tad differently.

I feel like this community would GREATLY benefit from people trying to create more unique characters that are interesting to interact with, such as @Billy Sprinkles .

The entire run of the mill money grinding gangster / vigilante gig without unique traits/looks or backstory appears very dull to me and boring. Im not critisizing anyone specifically, but it seems to me like almost most of the time a large majority of the server population does this. Combined with a "win RP" mentality, it results in nothing but a very slightly tamed GTA Online. Basically the difference being that you have to say something before you shoot.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sasha Dimitrijev said:

I am somewhat on the fence about the whole Legion situation. On one hand I hated and still do clicks of people that only talk to each other and stick to the Legion and don't make an effort to do anything more even when chance is presented to them. This whole situation is without a question very stupid reaction of group of people and when I saw the mass rush towards the gate while shots were being fired it was a very bad and very cringe sight to see. I do know for a fact though that there were a few smart individuals who were at the square at that time and didn't act like that. On other hand people do need kind of a gathering place where you will go pick up, drop off, see whos in town etc. place. That said just use your brain when it comes to the police situations. Yes to us civilians that don't do crime situations like that are interesting to observe but you can still do so without putting yourself or others in danger aka running into active fire zone.

That said as for "imposing" your RP to others I am a bit at odds here and don't fully agree with @Billy Sprinkle. That cop situation was stupid but when there is no active crime scene sometimes you have to push yourself in some RP situations and scenarios cause people tend to stick to themselves and if you are not actively seeking and trying to get your narrative with others you will end up sitting solo most of the time. In fact I think before Blackout Billy himself in one of the threads said that you will not always be able to choose what kind of RP you like and that you have to adapt to the situation. The whole of Billy character is built around him being annoying hurricane that comes in town and tons of us love it. I myself was excluded by randoms and screaming people many times while Billy and I tried to had some interaction but... what can you do. If you really want to continue to RP in private, you get persons number and you meet up somewhere else IMHO. Billy himself often does a circle around the Legion to see who is hanging about. 

But yeah, if its not your first day to a week in a city I don't understand why would you run into active crime scene no matter what your character is and how he acts. My guy was recently kidnapped and I ended up pulling out a weapon and it still felt kinda wrong even though it was self defense and in reaction of people shooting a civilian in front of me so I ended up reporting myself for admins to review the case.

Also I can tell you from personal experience that someone who has been playing on server longer and has more experience if they extend a hand towards player who has been here less it will do wonders. When @Susie Carmichael extended a job to me as a mechanic at the Speedy's even on a slow day it was worth it because it gives you a sense of a job, structure, you get to interact with people, you can observe how others do things and re-enact situations, they tell you about interesting locations that you didn't know about before etc. 

Edit: Also I know for many people, myself included, that tend to avoid chases, shootouts etc. with their characters but would still want some interactions with EMS and LEO personnel it can seem like a chance to talk to them or get some attention when they see them responding to a call. But that is the wrong way. In EMS case there is a bit more liberty especially if you are waiting on friend that has been injured and there is no crowd around, I would say both EMS and players enjoy a bit of RP as in exposition what happened, what are the injuries, what first aid you have applied etc. unless EMS has a very busy day they always try to give some attention to players. 

With LEO it is a bit different because most of the time they are responding to critical threats or serious crimes. A lot of LEO will take the time to chill with civilians, especially as of late I have seen a lot of officers interact with people, have a grab of food etc. when there are no calls. But trying to get attention when they are doing their work is the wrong way. Create your own story and reasons to meet them. My character has had conflict with Trooper Kali and it lead to interaction with her and many other officers where they got to know me and I them better. I used a small escalation that was within cooldown period before storm and made story out of it. Deputy chief Vitami always finds a time to at least post a tweet at me due to one single encounter we had. Don't be afraid to put your character where he is in need of LEO but in a way where it will not mess up their work. When they have time they will contact you. Report your stolen vehicles, ask for protection and if you are so interested in PD ... well there is always an option to submit an application.  

I can tell you the best way to interact with cops is to do something different to everyone else. I've had characters who have done different things involving LEO that has led to interesting stories. I've made cops go on a scavenger hunt to free the hostage I've had, I've had a 100k bounty for the capture of another character and we currently have characters that claim Paltao as its own country. It's about doing something different every time. We have 9 character slots and I see people on the same characters every day it would be nice to see people go out of there way to do something different and see what happens. 

Edited by Liam Cavanagh
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, Liam Cavanagh said:

You don't see experienced roleplayers there because they're to busy roleplaying. Also to address the point of scripted RP I don't think anyone is asking you to do that just not spend the majority of your time in one spot and not insert yourself into other peoples RP when it's not needed.

Saying experienced roleplayers don't go there is rude, insulting, and inaccurate. It's a gathering place, part of RP is conversation. And that's why Flynn goes there, to meet people. She's new to the server, and has noticed people gathering there. That's not poor RP when you're relatively new to the city.

As for the event - Flynn did run over to that side of the street, BUT she kept her distance, especially when she heard troopers yelling. She hit the ground when gunfire started or someone yelled about a gun. She's also not completely sane.

Basically, saying anyone that "idles" at Legion is "fail-rp" is not true, and I'd like to ask everyone to keep that in mind, that there are perfectly valid RP reasons to be there chatting, instead of making blanket accusations and not considering that maybe there's "legitimate" RP reasons to be there.

I have RP'd a lot over the years online, just not in GTA RP. There typically is a "social center" of some kind where people will have their characters wander to, to initiate RP with others. San Andreas is a HUGE map. It's not easy to randomly find people and "create stories", like some have insisted they do. Sometimes those stories need a spark, which is helped by a social point.

No, Flynn does not spend all her time there. She goes out and does stuff. When she just wants to hang out with people, though, that usually ends up being at Legion, as a hub.

I understand the frustration of others sticking their noses in when you're trying to do something, but that COULD happen anywhere, in any real life situation.

I also understand that most people will usually keep their distance and NOT get directly involved. And if you try to get involved, and you're told go away or you're ignored, then just move on or observe from a distance.

Disclaimer: this is meant as a neutralish post, and reminding that not everything you don't like is "failRP". You aren't the player of someone else's character.

And now, in honor of my paranoia, I'd like to ask that you think about it a LOT before any response. (Paranoia says there will be either a lot of negative responses or everyone will ignore this)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Angharad Flynn said:

Saying experienced roleplayers don't go there is rude, insulting, and inaccurate. It's a gathering place, part of RP is conversation. And that's why Flynn goes there, to meet people. She's new to the server, and has noticed people gathering there. That's not poor RP when you're relatively new to the city.

As for the event - Flynn did run over to that side of the street, BUT she kept her distance, especially when she heard troopers yelling. She hit the ground when gunfire started or someone yelled about a gun. She's also not completely sane.

Basically, saying anyone that "idles" at Legion is "fail-rp" is not true, and I'd like to ask everyone to keep that in mind, that there are perfectly valid RP reasons to be there chatting, instead of making blanket accusations and not considering that maybe there's "legitimate" RP reasons to be there.

I have RP'd a lot over the years online, just not in GTA RP. There typically is a "social center" of some kind where people will have their characters wander to, to initiate RP with others. San Andreas is a HUGE map. It's not easy to randomly find people and "create stories", like some have insisted they do. Sometimes those stories need a spark, which is helped by a social point.

No, Flynn does not spend all her time there. She goes out and does stuff. When she just wants to hang out with people, though, that usually ends up being at Legion, as a hub.

I understand the frustration of others sticking their noses in when you're trying to do something, but that COULD happen anywhere, in any real life situation.

I also understand that most people will usually keep their distance and NOT get directly involved. And if you try to get involved, and you're told go away or you're ignored, then just move on or observe from a distance.

Disclaimer: this is meant as a neutralish post, and reminding that not everything you don't like is "failRP". You aren't the player of someone else's character.

And now, in honor of my paranoia, I'd like to ask that you think about it a LOT before any response. (Paranoia says there will be either a lot of negative responses or everyone will ignore this)

I agree with almost everything you said. Its similar to a point that I made before blackout. People exchange stories there, meet new people, start new events ... its just the place that is most convenient being that bank, gun store, repair shop and everything else is close by. I wouldn't say having a conversation is fail RP. That there are people who spend whole day there, sure. Less now then when I first joined. But not everyone that stops by at Legion does that. As one of the screens from initial posts shows Buffo organizing open mic night at comedy club which had huge turn up of people. But on screen shot he is labeled as Legion idler...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the point of the post wasn't so much about hanging out at legion as much as about inserting into situations like the police situation mentioned. If you see a police vehicle with lights on you should assume they are in an active situation and should stay clear of the area. Not run up and ask what's going on or hang out nearby. Several govt officials have mentioned frustrations with randoms inserting into situations to be vigilantes. 

Yes I understand some of the points made of needing to insert yourself in order to start stories or meet new people, but there are better ways of doing that than inserting into active situations with police/EMS.

When I first joined I had inserted into a group asking for directions. I had no idea what they had going on, I had never met them, but I inserted in a socially normal way. It could have gone a few ways, but they realized I was new to town and took me under their wing which created RP for all of us.

It is true Legion is used as a hub to meet up, but if you are hanging out (in a group) there for up to an hour+ and aren't in some kind of active job (taco/taxi) it becomes an online chat room and it's hard to believe there is any RP going on.

Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks 1

Just as  a side point, IRL or RP situation... anyone rolls up and pulls a gun during a policing situation (and isn't an off duty officer) they're just as likely to get shot whether they're helping PD or the criminals or just generally inserting themselves.  When you decide to roll up, officers have no idea who you are.  Are you there to help?  Who's side are you on?

I think in this particular case we're giving this guy to much credit continuing to using the term vigilante.  This individual is not a vigilante.  He's a Glory Hound.  Someone who goes around sniffing to make themselves seem or appear to be more important.  They want the fame of being someone who took out a criminal when the cops that he's literally standing over, couldn't.  It really had nothing to do with catching the criminal.

Actual vigilantes usually work under the cover of darkness or at the very least, anonymity, so they can continue being a vigilante.  By inserting oneself into a policing situation in the middle of broad daylight, in the busiest part of the city, you're caught.  You would never be able to insert yourself again.  Your image would be all over the news.  The criminals would be after you, the police would be after you.  Cops would all know who to look out for and if they saw you approaching any situation they'd immediately stop you.

This guy was just trying to get the glory of taking Sprinkles out when the cops couldn't in front of everyone.  A real vigilante would've followed Sprinkles to a relatively safe area and taken him out then.  Dropped the body in the drink and walked away with no one the wiser.  Vigilantes aren't doing it for fame and glory, they're doing it because of a miscarriage of justice and thats all that matters to them.

That super hero shit... that only happens in the movies and in video games :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Berro Garcia said:

getting banned for that situation is so unneccessary. i pull up to the scene as a citizen of the city with the intention to ask the officer why he blocked the entrance (keep in mind that billy wasn't really visible for me at that time). The officer gets shot and me aswell immediately after, i pull out my gun and shoot back. Thats the reaction of my RP character, why would that be FailRP?

The thing that is mind blowing here is that just because you are a citizen of a city, does not give you the right to pull up to an obvious active scene (Trooper trucks are there with their lights on, so its active) and demand a reason for blocking something. Like what? I know this is GTA 5 RP, and essentially people play characters that aren't themselves and it's fictional, but even fictional stories have REALISM. 

The thing that bothers me right now with Revo is the lack of respect and lack or fear of cops when realistically, people would respect them and fear them, but instead we get people who come up to us during routine traffic stops at Legion, to interfere in what we are doing and start shouting "POLICE BRUTALITY". Like please stop....

It's fine to interfere in situations, but situations involving cops or something similar to this? Stop doing it. It's frustrating and failRP. 

And I'm really tired of the, "Well that's how I made my character". So your character is basically a mary sue character who answers to no one ya? Those kinds of characters have no room in RP.

EDIT: Let me edit my post so I can clarify what I meant with people not fearing cops. @Jeff Sutherland summed it up for me. 

I think what she meant by fear is fear the consequences of impeding/interrupting an investigation, not fear the people themselves.

Edited by Holland Stiles
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Angharad Flynn said:

I didn't claim it was fail RP and I can't understand where you got that assumption from. What I was saying that if you want to find the experienced roleplayers in the server standing in one spot and expecting them to come to you isn't going to happen. Maybe they will stand there for 5-10 minutes but after that, they go and find something interesting to do. 

• Like 2

Holland hit it on the head.

I literally showed up, immediately got fired upon and this guy yells 'ILL SAVE YOU OFFICERS' as I'm hitting a panic button before passing out and trying to call on the radio that we have a down officer.

People dont care for their lives when we are at traffic stops.  Hell, I had one recently where two people decided to jump on myself and another officer during a traffic stop on the highway.  Like are you crazy? If we were alone. Sure I can see it.  But we were in a traffic stop and other units were in the area.  On top of that, only one of them could be heard by everyone on scene until I manually had to un toko him.  Even then, I had to toko him again because i could hear him in prison.  Yet they got prissy when other officers got to the scene and managed to rescue us.  Not realizing that we were unable to hear one of the two and that's why the situation went how it did.

Please be more thoughtful.  We are trying to do a in game job and it's hard to want to be on duty when we constantly are getting flack for it

2 hours ago, Liam Cavanagh said:

I didn't claim it was fail RP and I can't understand where you got that assumption from. What I was saying that if you want to find the experienced roleplayers in the server standing in one spot and expecting them to come to you isn't going to happen. Maybe they will stand there for 5-10 minutes but after that, they go and find something interesting to do. 

1) The failRP was a reference to other posts, not just yours

2) you claimed being an experienced Rper meant not "being seen" there, which is essentially the same thing as saying it is failing at RP

3) You missed my point - experienced RPers DO hang out there. And it's not bad or fail.

I'm done because paranoia says if you don't understand what I'm trying to say by now, when I've spelled it out as clearly as I can, you probably never will, and it's pointless to keep going back and forth.

2 hours ago, Holland Stiles said:

It's fine to interfere in situations, but situations involving cops or something similar to this? Stop doing it. It's frustrating and failRP. 

And I'm really tired of the, "Well that's how I made my character". So your character is basically a mary sue character who answers to no one ya? Those kinds of characters have no room in RP.

If people really want their characters to be that stupid, and suffer the IC consequences, then they can't complain OOC. We can, however, ask them OOC to please stop or at least tone it down because we're not enjoying the situation. I think that's what is missing in a lot of the complaints - they feel more like OOC attacks, rather than dealing with it IC, or being polite about it OOC.

And yes, those "mary sue" characters (whatever that actually means) are effing annoying. BUT... keep in mind "well that's how i made my character" isn't just an excuse. There actually are other people who think differently than you, and don't agree with how you see things. Of course, there are also ding dongs that are bloody irritating. My point is try to avoid lumping them all together. You can't tell someone how to play their character, because it's their character, not yours. You CAN, however, ask them to quit being such a ding dong, and preferably in a polite way.

GTA RP is... unique, in a way, from other RPGs. There are subtle differences, and not so subtle differences. I'm just trying to mention some of the lessons I've learned, and hope something might help us all enjoy playing.

Just wanted to mention: I'm not defending ppl interjecting themselves in a cop situation. That's honestly on the suicidal side of things. If your character interferes, or even look like you're interfering, they'd have every right to detain or possibly even shoot your character. So don't do it. Watch FROM A DISTANCE to your heart's content.

1 hour ago, Angharad Flynn said:

1) The failRP was a reference to other posts, not just yours

2) you claimed being an experienced Rper meant not "being seen" there, which is essentially the same thing as saying it is failing at RP

3) You missed my point - experienced RPers DO hang out there. And it's not bad or fail.

I'm done because paranoia says if you don't understand what I'm trying to say by now, when I've spelled it out as clearly as I can, you probably never will, and it's pointless to keep going back and forth.

1) You quoted me directly 

2) It does not mean that at all and I fail to understand how you can reach that conclusion. Maybe take some time to read through what people are saying before you jump to conclusions. 

3) I didn't miss your point at all I said they hang there for maybe 5-10 minutes and then they go out and do stuff not hang there until the server restarts.

If you feel you can't explain your point better through text your more than welcome to msg on Teamspeak and talk to me there 

7 hours ago, Holland Stiles said:

The thing that bothers me right now with Revo is the lack of respect and lack or fear of cops when realistically, people would respect them and fear them, but instead we get people who come up to us during routine traffic stops at Legion, to interfere in what we are doing and start shouting "POLICE BRUTALITY". Like please stop....

I honestly think that FEAR should not be an emotion that we feel from cops. If that is the aim of cops then server has a problem. To inflict fear in certain people during certain situations - sure. But to lump it together with respect is just... hmmmm. I can respect LEO and not fear them. Even lack of respect is in character for criminals. I don't see how you can force someone who is smuggling human organs or has a gang or does drug traffic or whatever to respect the LEO. Ofc they will try to undermine your work and call you names and try to entice you to force, provoke you etc. Slick criminals that want to keep their record clean and be off the radar (mafia style), yeah sure, they will try to seem as nice as they can. But others... 

24 minutes ago, Sasha Dimitrijev said:

I honestly think that FEAR should not be an emotion that we feel from cops. If that is the aim of cops then server has a problem. To inflict fear in certain people during certain situations - sure. But to lump it together with respect is just... hmmmm. I can respect LEO and not fear them. Even lack of respect is in character for criminals. I don't see how you can force someone who is smuggling human organs or has a gang or does drug traffic or whatever to respect the LEO. Ofc they will try to undermine your work and call you names and try to entice you to force, provoke you etc. Slick criminals that want to keep their record clean and be off the radar (mafia style), yeah sure, they will try to seem as nice as they can. But others... 

I think what she meant by fear is fear the consequences of impeding/interrupting an investigation, not fear the people themselves. And to the point of someone smuggling human organs or drugs, why would that person be running up to an active police situation anyways? You'd think they would want to be as far away from the police as possible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Sutherland said:

I think what she meant by fear is fear the consequences of impeding/interrupting an investigation, not fear the people themselves. And to the point of someone smuggling human organs or drugs, why would that person be running up to an active police situation anyways? You'd think they would want to be as far away from the police as possible.

^ this is what I meant by fear so....

3 minutes ago, Sasha Dimitrijev said:

I AGREE 100%. This wraps back to my post earlier in the thread about how police officers should be authoritative, not authoritarian. People will always disobey police officers whether it's through RP or for personal reasons. That's why I believe that in-game police officers should interact with the general public on a general basis and earn the peoples' respect, rather than treating all of us as the enemy.

THIS IS A ROLE PLAYING GAME, let's make it fun for everyone instead of playing the i'm better than you game. Why should I have to fear police officers in a game? I don't want to "FEAR" anyone. We are just making this community more and more toxic by encouraging this behavior. Instead of pushing everyone together and creating an environment where we can all become mutually respectful of each others' roles, we are dividing LEO and the general public. We need to remember that this is a GAME, this is not real life where we NEED to hate and fear each other because of our roles as law enforcement officers or otherwise. We should be encouraging "GOOD" behaviors and having a positive state in general. Since PD/SO/EMS and Revo staff are the most organized part of our community, I believe that this change of behavior should start at the top. If we don't start changing our behavior and create a positive environment, I'm afraid that people won't stick around for long.

The difference between being an authoritarian and being, authoritative direct from google:

Authoritarian: 
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial."

Authoritative: 
able to be trusted as being accurate or true; reliable.

commanding and self-confident; likely to be respected and obeyed.

• Confused 1