Revolution RP
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rigzby Rollins

Advanced Visual Character Creation Help

Hi Folks, I wanted to take a moment to help shed a tip on character creation. It is understood that most people have not learned how the feature blending works within the TFRP customizer as shown below. 

• Facial Features
  • Facial Features Blend

spacer.png

It is important to understand how the two controls work together. 

• Facial Features is an index toggle between 0-20
  • Facial Features blend sets the ration of that selected Facial Feature currently selected. 
    • (it is important to note that toggling backward on the features index can result in the current slide feature to automatically affect the next feature and so on causing facial warping. It is best to edit them in order only to minimize this rare occurrence.)

Below is a list of the used features in our menu.

Index # Feature Description: Values:
0 Nose Width: the name is accurate, it reflects how wide the nose is. -100 is narrow | 100 being wide
1 Nose Vertical: It defines how long the nose is, in the vertical direction (i.e. ends closer to the mouth or a bit up). -100 up | 100 Bottom
2 Nose horizontal: It defines how much the nose protrudes out. -100 Long | 100 Short
3 Nose Curve: Defines how curved the nose line is. -100 not curved | 100 curved
4 Nose Point: Defines the shape of your nose point. -100 up (think Michael Jackson) | 100 down
5 Nose Bend: Defines how much the nose line is bent. -100 bent out | 100 bent in
6 Eyebrow Vertical: Defines eyebrow's vertical location. -100 up | 100 down
7 Eyebrow Horizontal: Defines whether Eyebrows protrude or not. -100 in | 100 out
8 Malar Vertical: Cheek's vertical adjustment. 100 down | -100 up
9 Malar Horizontal: Cheek's protrusion from the face. 100 out | -100 in
10 Cheekbone Depth: Depth of the cheek. -100 in | out 100
11 Squint: Defines whether the eyes are wide or narrow: 100 Asian (narrow eyes) | -100 Caucasian (wide eyes)
12 Lip Size: Whether lips are full or thin. 100 thin lip | -100 full lip
13 Jawline Vertical: Jaw's vertical adjustment. 100 Manly/Sharp | -100 feminine/Round
14 Jawline horizontal: Whether the jaw is high or low. -100 up | 100 down
15 Chin Size: Size of overall Chin 100 big | -100 small
16 Chin Length: Chin Protrusion. 100 out | -100 in
17 Chin Width: Width of overall Chin 100 wide | -100 thin
18 Chin Indent: Dimples center of the chin 100 deep one | -100 doesn't have one.

19 is a neck/throat width metric, use this with caution. 

20 does not appear to be a used segment

Mastering the use of the advanced editing feature will make the difference between your characters visual attributes and the commonality of others looking similar. 

Below is an example of a character I created using the advanced features vs not. You will notice the wide-eyed default look in the first image that resembles most GTA characters today. In this character, I was attempting to make a male that resembled Luke Perry which is only achievable utilizing the advanced features. 

Without Advanced Features

spacer.png

With Advanced Features

spacer.png

Targetted Appearance

c9Imy9G.png

I hope this helps everyone create some really creative characters in the game. And Feel Free to post some of your creation victories below!

Happy roleplaying, All!

-Rigz

Edited by Rigzby Rollins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 12

Its listed under Body in the character customizer, you can access it in the game at legion square if your character is already created. 

13 minutes ago, Rigzby Rollins said:

Its listed under Body in the character customizer, you can access it in the game at legion square if your character is already created. 

Cancel that... I got it. Thank you.

It is located in the clothing store "changing room". Not the main area of the store.

Edited by Cash Roberts

In front of the stairs to the left on the sidewalk of legion square, You will see the editor text go across your screen when you are on it. 

I've used all these features ever since we changed our creation system ?

Great post Rigz! I've been wanting to make a post similar to this, but never got around to it.

• Like 1

I never actually knew what that section did holy shit. I've been wanting those features and didn't know they existed. 

• Like 1

Anyway we can get this moved to tutorials for future reference?  Granted it is deemed a better location since the sub-forum is available now.

For some reason I can't edit the above post but I meant to type "only if" it is deemed a better location by the forum team.  Didn't mean for the above to sound so demanding.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:33 AM, Sean Callanan said:

I never actually knew what that section did holy shit. I've been wanting those features and didn't know they existed. 

Callanan, See below the table

On 5/1/2019 at 9:00 PM, Rigzby Rollins said:

Hi Folks, I wanted to take a moment to help shed a tip on character creation. It is understood that most people have not learned how the feature blending works within the TFRP customizer as shown below. 

• Facial Features
  • Facial Features Blend

spacer.png

It is important to understand how the two controls work together. 

• Facial Features is an index toggle between 0-20
  • Facial Features blend sets the ration of that selected Facial Feature currently selected. 
    • (it is important to note that toggling backward on the features index can result in the current slide feature to automatically affect the next feature and so on causing facial warping. It is best to edit them in order only to minimize this rare occurrence.)

Below is a list of the used features in our menu.

Index # Feature Description: Values:
0 Nose Width: the name is accurate, it reflects how wide the nose is. -100 is narrow | 100 being wide
1 Nose Vertical: It defines how long the nose is, in the vertical direction (i.e. ends closer to the mouth or a bit up). -100 up | 100 Bottom
2 Nose horizontal: It defines how much the nose protrudes out. -100 Long | 100 Short
3 Nose Curve: Defines how curved the nose line is. -100 not curved | 100 curved
4 Nose Point: Defines the shape of your nose point. -100 up (think Michael Jackson) | 100 down
5 Nose Bend: Defines how much the nose line is bent. -100 bent out | 100 bent in
6 Eyebrow Vertical: Defines eyebrow's vertical location. -100 up | 100 down
7 Eyebrow Horizontal: Defines whether Eyebrows protrude or not. -100 in | 100 out
8 Malar Vertical: Cheek's vertical adjustment. 100 down | -100 up
9 Malar Horizontal: Cheek's protrusion from the face. 100 out | -100 in
10 Cheekbone Depth: Depth of the cheek. -100 in | out 100
11 Squint: Defines whether the eyes are wide or narrow: 100 Asian (narrow eyes) | -100 Caucasian (wide eyes)
12 Lip Size: Whether lips are full or thin. 100 thin lip | -100 full lip
13 Jawline Vertical: Jaw's vertical adjustment. 100 Manly/Sharp | -100 feminine/Round
14 Jawline horizontal: Whether the jaw is high or low. -100 up | 100 down
15 Chin Size: Size of overall Chin 100 big | -100 small
16 Chin Length: Chin Protrusion. 100 out | -100 in
17 Chin Width: Width of overall Chin 100 wide | -100 thin
18 Chin Indent: Dimples center of the chin 100 deep one | -100 doesn't have one.

19 is a neck/throat width metric, use this with caution. 

20 does not appear to be a used segment

Mastering the use of the advanced editing feature will make the difference between your characters visual attributes and the commonality of others looking similar. 

Below is an example of a character I created using the advanced features vs not. You will notice the wide-eyed default look in the first image that resembles most GTA characters today. In this character, I was attempting to make a male that resembled Luke Perry which is only achievable utilizing the advanced features. 

Without Advanced Features

spacer.png

With Advanced Features

spacer.png

Targetted Appearance

c9Imy9G.png

I hope this helps everyone create some really creative characters in the game. And Feel Free to post some of your creation victories below!

Happy roleplaying, All!

-Rigz

Is this part of a mod or is this a standalone?

Is this still a thing? I can not figure out how to customize my character. It would be great if someone would send me the location on the map of the place. I was walking around Legion square like crazy to find the place but wasnt unable to do it.
Thank you in advance 

10 minutes ago, Kamran Latifov said:

Is this still a thing? I can not figure out how to customize my character. It would be great if someone would send me the location on the map of the place. I was walking around Legion square like crazy to find the place but wasnt unable to do it.
Thank you in advance 

Try going to the morgue and seeing if there is a changing spot in the top floor still. 

• Like 1