Killian Dawson

Involving yourself in a situation ...

Posted (edited)

Can I have some clarification on the "Involving yourself in a situation" rule. I completely understand if someone was to intervene in a situation and take lethal force to intervene in an active RP scenario, but please consider the below scenario ...

**Male shoots doggo at Legion**

**Cop arrests male but male puts up a fight at Legion**

**Random person shouts from a distance** "You heartlesss bastard! Just stop resisting and face the music"

**Male escapes**

Is this a violation from the random persons point of view of the rules? If so, why are we restricting roleplay like this? Why can a person not verbally involve themselves in a situation by throwing a couple of cuss words at a person committing a blatent crime in a highly populated area?

Just a thought, personally I do not see this as fail RP as it is suggested in the rules, you're just adding an extra bit of narrative to the situation, by no means are you influencing the overall outcome of the situation itself other than saying some words!

@Morgan Freeman @Matilda Lawson @Ruby Blaze

Edited by Killian Dawson
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well first off, if someone were to pull out any sort of gun in a public place that isn't a shooting range or of the likes were guns are allowed, most people would take off running in fear. But, this is Revo, egos are inflated heavily and some people that stand at Legion wants to be a hErO. Secondly, if the male were to be "arrested" there should be other officers to clear the scene of any pedestrians or bystanders that could potentially be harmed or just simply don't need to be there. But, again, this is revo. everybody wants to involve themself in a situation that shouldn't include them. If you involve yourself in a situation and you're not a cop or relevant to the situation in any way shape or form, and this results in the culprit escaping because you basically became a distraction, how is that NOT FailRP?

Edit: i take it back, im leaving my msg.

Edited by Robert Graves
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If people are involving themselves in situations that they do not belong in, report them.  If nobody says anything it gives them full reign to continue doing it in the future because they know nothing bad is ever going to come from it.

2 hours ago, Ernest Flanagan said:

If people are involving themselves in situations that they do not belong in, report them.  If nobody says anything it gives them full reign to continue doing it in the future because they know nothing bad is ever going to come from it.

But that’s not the same as doing something that doesn’t completely change the outcome of a situation.

In this scenario I am merely refering to someone just saying a few words. I don't think that should fall into the realms of fail RP. If that's a rule then it's once again just imposing further restrictions to RP. I can name thousands of occasions where I've arrested someone IRL and had a crowd of people in what could potentially be a situation where they are putting themselves in danger and all of the people are filming/shouting/cheering etc ...

All that's happening by imposing restrictions like this is people are being prevented from Roleplaying. That's my standpoint ... regardless - this is in the "ASK ADMINS" section.

• Like 2