Revolution RP
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heads up - The in game Twitter is not for chatting. It's being used the wrong way and needs to stop. Conversations should happen in texts please utilize this feature.

Posted (edited)

So..recently I’ve noticed an issue happening to myself and a few others in the community, I try to stop myself from doing this as well but...if someone’s trying to do a voice or an accent whether it be on a character you already know or one you don’t know, don’t cancel out their attempt; I assure you they’re trying their best & I completely understand if you get confused by how often people change their appearance in the city. 

Just let people have fun, try to let them introduce themselves & do their thing, peace ✌

Edited by Megan Granger
  • Like 8

I second this. Playing Sloth has been kind of annoying at times because people can't seem to hear him. He has a raspy voice and gets talked over a lot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

From the other side's perspective: I think it has a lot to do with the transmission on TS, at least for me. Max comes to mind (android voice changer), a Baller bloke using a voice deepener and Zander. Have not met Sloth so far, but my current assumption is that I will have the same issues.

It seems to be a mixed bag - and nope, not while they are being talked over by others, but during them being the only ones to talk - but I have noticed that I and several others cannot understand a single word such characters are saying. Others in the same area apparently do understand them just fine. And when I watch a stream, with the streamer (in this case Max / Eric and Jeff / Sloth) talking I can understand them just fine. I can also understand, if they happen to meet those people on stream, the others using voice changers via the stream that I cannot understand when on the server.

I usually play it off as (if on Karl) it being him not native to English or (on Rogers) his tinnitus coming back to mess with his hearing. However, it is one of the reasons why I rarely interact with voice changer folks, as something seems to mess up with the transmission. It literally, at times, comes across as an inarticulate garbled mess, while others with only mild adjustments or no changer at all at that same moment are just fine to understand.

With what I agree though is the initial point of people sometimes ignoring the attempt to alter the voice, or outright assuming, even though the character does not look anywhere near the same as the other, that they are the same individual. Without even posing as much as a question.

Edited by Seth Rogers
  • Like 3

I am super guilty of this, and this is a good reminder to step back and not make assumptions. I mix up Granger's civ and cop, Trooper Kali and her mom, and others. It's mainly due to my inexperience and ongoing efforts at being a better RPer.

Good post, +1

• Like 4

This is why I use different voices usually for most of my characters each one has a different style or pitch. But, yes please ask the persons name before assuming who they are 😛 

• Like 2

I mean for Sloth specifically I use a decently mild voice changer, then I create the raspy voice with my own vocal cords. 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, Jeff Bear said:

I mean for Sloth specifically I use a decently mild voice changer, then I create the raspy voice with my own vocal cords. 

What voice changer do you use, out of curiosity? I used to use Clownfish but it was hit & miss - and I'm not sure if it's been updated. 

3 minutes ago, Joshua Thompson said:

What voice changer do you use, out of curiosity? I used to use Clownfish but it was hit & miss - and I'm not sure if it's been updated. 

I use a GoXLR and it seems to work perfectly for many but some people can't seem to hear me, and the reason I think is people don't LISTEN when people speak. I have been talked over many times.

• Like 1

Id also like to say, although not totally the same issue, is that if people are having mic issues send me a message.  Maybe I can help fix it.